Yarn & Cosy understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits our website and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and our obligations under the law.
This policy applies to our use of any and all data collected by us in relation to your use of our website. Please read this policy carefully and ensure that you understand it. Yarn & Cosy may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
The information we collect about you, using this website:
- We only store your contact name and address information in order to despatch your order.
- We store a second address if your want us to dispatch your order to a different address than the address on the invoice.
- We store your email address, if supplied, in order to update you on delivery information.
- If you have “opted in” to receive our newsletter and offers, we use the e-mail address you’ve given us.
- We use Google Analytics to provide us with information to improve our website.
- Yarn & Cosy doesn’t store any of your credit card information. This is all processed by Mollie Payments.
- Payment by Credit/ Debit Card or iDeal is securely handled by Mollie Payments who use advanced encryption technology and monitor every transaction 24/7 to prevent against fraud and identity theft.
Why we collect this information/ how we use it:
- To manage invoices and payments
- Supplying products to our consumers
- To distribute our newsletter
- To keep records of our shop sales
- (Google Analytics) To improve our website
- Where there is a legal duty or requirement to do so
Sharing your information
Yarn and Cosy doesn’t give collected information about you to third parties, unless we are required by law to provide said data, e.g. at the request of the competent legal authorities such as a tax authority. Your information will be shared with the following organisations, in order to process your order and to keep track of our records:
- MyOnlineStore, for the handling of invoices
- Mollie Payments, for processing payments
- MailChimp, for the distribution of newsletters
- Tax Authority, because of legal obligations
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Other important notices:
- If you think that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- You should always check that the closed Padlock Symbol is visible in your browser address bar before entering any of your credit card details.
- Please note that you do not need to make a personal account on our website: you can simply use the "Check out as guest" option at checkout.